Automatic Lens Taper and Handling System
Automatic lens taper includes an automatic surface tape applicator (ASTA) which applies protective tape to semi-finished lenses and a handling system. The handling system connects to the lab’s existing conveyor belt and uses robotics and precision lens placement software, pick up the lenses and place them in the ASTA to be taped and puts them back in the tray so they are position for automated blocking. Learn more about the specific features of the ASTA here.
Contact PSI at 727-376-7900 or 800-237-8154 for more information or to place an order.
Features & Benefits
- Offers process consistency with fully automated handling.
- Can tape two lenses at a time at up to 400 lenses per hour, making it faster than other systems on the market.
- Simple machine design makes it easy to set-up and maintain.
- Modular design keeps the taper and the automated system working separately so the taper can be operated manually if necessary.
- Works with both liner and linerless tapes.
- Precision lens placement software ensure that lenses are placed back into the job tray correctly for automated blocking.
- Comes with 3-point suction cup handling. Single point, wide-grip suction cups are available upon request.
- Available with standard, hot-knife and large tape roll taping machine options.
- The handling system can be purchased without an ASTA unit to install a previously purchased Handling System Ready ASTA (part #s V2H-03 carbide blades or V2H-05LS- hot knife)
Complete discription of the ASTA Handling System in the video below.
New Suction Cup Handling in the video below!
Dimensions: 51″W x 41″D x 66″H
Compressed Air: 5-6 bar / 70-85 psi
Max Lens Diameter: 83mm
Min. Lens Diameter 55mm
Electrical: AC 110-240V, 50-60 Hz