Features & Benefits
- Contains a special polymeric additive to provide rapid swarf settling
- Includes a rust inhibitor for superior corrosion protection for all machine surfaces
- Disperses heat, extending the life of diamonds
- Offers superior lubricity for processing all lens materials
- Non-foaming, non-toxic, non-irritating, pleasant smelling and biodegradable
- Available by the gallon, 5-gallon pail and 55-gallon drum. Gallons and pails can be ordered online, to order drums, contact PSI at 800-237-8154 or 727-505-8834.
- For edging, mix 20 parts water to 1 part PractiCool; for generating mix 23 parts water to 1 part PractiCool; Brix reading is 1.8 to 2.8.
Part #s: 1600G, 1600P, 1600D
MSDS Sheet: sds-practicool
- Coolant can be a different color from one batch to the next. This change in color does not affect its performance in any way.
- Too much coolant can cause foaming. Try diluting your coolant with a little more water. If the problem persists, try switching to a different coolant. Don’t use antifoam in your coolant because all coolants contain some form of antifoam. Not all antifoams are compatible and adding antifoam to the coolant may make your problem even worse.
- Swarf in coolant can make the coolant act as an abrasive. Keep your coolant swarf free by using a filtration system such as PSI’s 993-2T or 952. Filtering the coolant will not only extend its life but will also extend the wheel’s life and give you a better finish.
- Chilling your coolant will help your wheel cut faster and smoother and will help extend the life of the coolant. It is recommended that the coolant be chilled to 60°F for edging and between 60-65°F when generating.